Patient Visits – Important Update
As we have received numerous concerns from our patients recently about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have decided to offer all of our patients televisits in lieu of office visits for the safety of our patients, our staff and physicians. We understand that our patients would obviously prefer to see our physicians in person and vice versa but in the current state, we feel that televisits can be a productive and useful alternative to an in-office doctor’s visit. Televisits work well to discuss patients’ symptoms and diagnose and treat most endocrine diseases. These televisits are intended to be a temporary solution for now and we recommend seeing you in the office as soon as it is safe to do so.
You will receive an email with a link that you can click on, to bring you into your doctor’s virtual waiting room for your scheduled date and time of visit.
There are a few important things to be aware of to make your upcoming televisit as productive as possible:
- Please use a smart phone or ipad/tablet if possible (rather than a desktop or laptop computer) and connect to wi-fi rather than use cellular service. PLEASE DO NOT DO THESE VISITS WHILE DRIVING.
- If you are able, please click into our virtual waiting room 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time and our staff may be able to test your televisit connection to make sure everything is working smoothly.
- If you have access to a recent blood pressure, please let us know what it is at the time of your appointment.
- Patient with Diabetes, please keep your blood sugar logs handy and if possible upload your CGM and Pump data ahead of time.
- For follow-up patients, please be sure to complete any labwork prior to the appointment if this was requested by your physician.
- We will be using Follow-My-Health to send you your lab and procedure orders
We may need to contact you prior to or right after your appointment to get more insurance information and to take copay/deductible payments in the same way we would if you were seeing the doctor in the office.
We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and hope to be able to return to normal medical care soon. Your health and safety is very important to us.
For up to date Coronavirus information from the CDC, click here.
Your Health Care Team
Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders Center